About the Talk Series
The Live Your Potential Talk Series was launched in 2017 with the goal of providing a platform that highlights empowering women leaders from diverse backgrounds while also shedding light on real issues that affect everyday working professionals. The Talk Series is presented in the form of a panel discussion & networking with our esteemed guest speakers, where they share stories of their career journeys and the hurdles they overcame to live their full potential. Each Talk Series has its own unique theme, and both women and men are invited to join this inspiring event!
Our Past Talk Series:
July, 2018, under the theme “Art of Career Transitions” with:
- Akhil Mittal: Co-Founder & VP of Product & Operations, Directive Communication Systems
- Amanda Lee: Senior Replenishment Manager, Walmart Canada
- Angie Kim, Category Director, Loblaw Companies Ltd
- Su-Nam Kim, President, Eyeshot Media Inc.
September, 2017, under the theme “Emotional Intelligence in Leadership” with:
- Nina Bilimoria Angelo: Vice President, Product & Customer Marketing, Top Hat
- Kenneth Sum: Executive Vice President, ATA Travel Consortium Inc.
- Kevin Tran: Director of Sales, Ontario & Atlantic Canada, Yellow Pages
- Lata Viseu: Director, Professional Development, Human Resources Professionals Association
May, 2017, under the theme “Leveraging Your Introvert Powers for Career Success” with:
- Debbie Burke-Benn: Ontario Public Service Executive
- Dr. Jean Kim: Award-winning Educator & Co-Founder of the Live Your Potential Program
- Dr. Tozheg Roshankar: Regional Research Manager, Eli Lilly Canada Inc.
- Melanie Ta: Director, Cloud Business Development
Feb. 2017, under the theme “Courageous Choices” with:
- Dr. Sayra Cristancho: Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery at Western University
- Chrystal Dean: Executive Director of the Self-Help Resource Centre
- Janet Oh: President, North America Private Brands, Globe Union
- Lilit Simonyan: Co-Founder of the Live Your Potential Program & Senior Analyst at Ontario Public Service
Feedback from Talk Series Participants:
“The Talk Series was a phenomenal event for insights and connection. The panelists were professional, knowledgeable, and inspiring as the share their relatable experiences and diverse perspectives. The LYP Program is highly-recommended for professionals seeking development and fulfillment in various areas of their lives.”
“Like many people my age, I’m often faced with the question: Am I making the right choice? The speakers offered different but equally valuable insights, which really opened my eyes to have different ways to answer this question.”
” A truly groundbreaking forum of women empowering other women and men through true life experiences.”